Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Wednesday, July 14, 2004
FREEDOM REIGNS: THROUGH WORDS AND ACTIONS

As I pack up my stuff to move, I keep coming across things I've written in the past. The excerpt I will post here is my contribution to a group poem.

The struggle for freedom began hundreds of years ago. African Kings and Queens brought to America were bought and sold. They came over on ships destined for what some called "the land of the free." But stepped off onto a land filled with strive and misery. Through trials and tribulation they were able to overcome. Some sacrificed their lives just for the sake of "FREEDOM."

If I could get into the rhythm and let my words flow, maybe I would be compared to Phillis Wheatley a poet of long ago. In 1773, she was the first Black Female Published Poet who spoke on a variety of things. Although most spoke of the struggle, she chose to speak of a woman's strength and dreams.


Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory