Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Saturday, May 29, 2004
COUNTDOWN TO P-DAY for My Invisible Husband

As I count down to publishing day for my next novel MY INVISIBLE HUSBAND, I try not to feel overwhelmed. I enjoyed writing Nicolette Montana's story and hope the readers love the story.

How many women over 30 feel pressured to be married or in a relationship is amazing?

I for one am over 30, never married, and no kids. People are in shock when they find out. They assume that I at least have kids. To be honest, it bothered me at first, but then I thought about all of the relationships that I've been in that came close to marriage. None of those men are around today. So I would have been an over 30 divorced woman by now.

The man I'm with now seems to be the one, but only time will tell.

Anyway, enough about that. My schedule is going to be hectic over the next few months, so I wrote up a project plan to keep me on track.

I've gotten out most of the ARCs (that's advanced review copies) to some media and reviewers. I have a few more ARCs going out next week. I hope to get reviews/blurbs back prior to me going to print. (We'll see...and hopefully the readers enjoy the book enough to write some positive reviews...I can't sweat it, but if truth be told, writers do like it when people like something they've slaved over.)

I'm sitting on pins and needles as I wait for the book cover. Keith is talented and I know he can pull it off. I'm nervous because what if it's not what I expect. This is when you have to let the other creative person have free reign and work their magic. You can't rush it...patience is important. You tell yourself that you've communicated how you envision the cover so you let it be and wait and wait. Yes, waiting is fun (smile).

I have to wait until next week to see the cover, so in the meantime to keep my mind occupied, I'll work on the promotional stuff so when I do get the book cover, I can paste it and start sending it out.

I also have to continue promoting Roses are Thorns (my first baby). I got the new shipment in yesterday, so Monday I'll prepare to get the outstanding orders ready (they will need to be shipped on Tuesday).

Last week, I changed my website. For someone who's not a web designer, I think I did pretty good. No, I'm not conceited. Far from it, but I'm just surprised it turned out as well as it did.

I worked on my media kit. What a difference a year makes? Last year, I didn't have anything for the kit but fortunately I have a few reviews and interviews to add.

It's 9 am on a Saturday. I need to get off the computer and get some things done.

Until next time,
Shelia





Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory