Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Sunday, July 10, 2005

Review of The Emancipation of Mimi - Mariah Carey



The Emancipation of Mimi CD is by far one of Mariah Carey's best works yet. The single WE BELONG TOGETHER is what prompted me to get the CD. Every time I heard it, I had to turn up the volume. From the song It's Like That to Fly Like A Bird, the entire CD is well worth listening to. You will not be disappointed.

My favorites are We Belong Together, Shake It Off (the lyrics fit perfectly for those trying to break "emotionally" free from a relationship), Mine Again (this slow jam is another one that I play over and over again)...Say Somethin (I like the addition of Snoop's smooth voice)...Twista teams with Mariah in One and Only....Your Girl and Jermaine Dupri on Get Your Number...actually, I like the entire CD.

Rarely am I able to put a CD in and let it play without using the remote to hit the "skip" button.

The CD has dance tunes, mid tempo and slow jams to fit every mood. Mariah's voice was a pleasure to listen to. The lyrics on The Emancipation of Mimi were superb.

Mariah Carey is back and her voice has been set free to do what she does best and that’s sing. The Emancipation of Mimi is available in stores now.


Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory