Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Who is DJ Miss Que Tee?



Shelia Goss: Please introduce yourself.
DJ Miss Que Tee:
Hey, My name's DJ Miss Que Tee. I am Sony/BMG (UK) Music’s First Asian Female DJ. I play everything from RnB/ Hip Hop to Dancehall/Reggaeton to UK Garage and Desi. I’m based in the UK, but have traveled and DJ’ed in most of Europe, Canada and India.

Shelia: How long have you been a DJ and how did you get your start?
MissQueTee:
It all began when I wanted to make a mixtape for my car about 2-3 years ago. I was messing about with my friend’s decks and slowly I started picking up things. Eventually I started to collect records, and that’s when it all kicked off, however I didn’t start djing professionally until the end of 2002.

At the beginning of my career, I think it was hard for people to accept an Asian female DJ. For example, when I use to turn up to gigs, I would stand behind the DJ box, and many people would mistake me for being a DJ’s girlfriend. But when I was on the decks and started playing music, the response was crazy, half of the crowd would be dancing away, while the other half would stand there in shock watching me mix and scratch throughout my set.

If interested in the full interview, send an email to sheliagoss@aol.com


Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory