Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Happy Birthday Baby Boy

This post is a tribute to my baby brother. He turned 23 on June 29th. I can credit him and my other brother for introducing me to the new sound of hip-hop; otherwise I would not be "in the know." I'm from the old school, where Run DMC, Whodini, Salt N Pepa, Rob Base, etc were hot when I was in school.

Some of my friends are surprised that I listen to hip-hop; but with anything else, I can't say I like ALL hip-hop, but there's enough out there for me to enjoy it. My brother is the one who hipped me to Mike Jones. I was listening to him before he became popular. Now I can't turn on the XM radio without hearing one of his songs.

Anyway, I got a chance to spend time with my Baby Brother (who wish I wouldn't call him that) over the weekend. He's a grown man (over 6' 2") so why do I still see him as this little boy I want to protect?

I remember growing up as a teenager and having to babysit. How I wished my little brothers would grow wings and go away, because I had better things to do...i.e., talk on the phone uninterrupted, go to the park or mall with my friends, etc.
I used to think he was a spoiled brat (which he was spoiled, just wasn't a brat).

Memories...well I hope and pray that he enjoyed our company on his birthday weekend. I know I enjoyed his.


Blogger alena said...
This is a excellent blog. Keep it going.

This may be of interest to you I have a free online dating service. It pretty much covers dating stuff.

I'll be sure to come back.  

Blogger freestuff2 said...
Hey I just love your blog. I also have a american match single
blog/site. I mostly deals with american match single
Please come and check it out if you get the time!  

Blogger milfcritic said...
click for dating online services  

Blogger milfcritic said...
adult dating services  

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory