Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Friday, June 24, 2005

Are you an Email Junkie?

Email addiction...yes, it does exist. There was a poll on AOL last week asking participants how many times a day do they check their email. I realized if I'm logged on, when I hear "You've got mail" I'm inclined to check it immediately. One remedy I've come up with is to turn the volume off and the other remedy is not logging on to the internet at all and limiting my email views to 3 times per day.

What ways have you been able to juggle email, web surfing, etc with your regular life?

The quickiest way for someone to get a response from me is to not call me on the phone, but to send me an email. I promise to get better by answering the phone (but you know I've been trying to save my daytime minutes...smile).

To help cure me of this email addiction, I've limited my time checking my many msn/yahoogroup messages. I sent out an email earlier this week telling folks to email me directly if they need a quick response, because I'm trying to finish my manuscript.

I have gotten a lot more things done this week, but as with any addiction, it's been hard. I miss my online buddies and keeping "in the loop." Am I missing anything by not checking those group messages as much??? Hmmm, I'll never know.


Blogger LaShaunda said...
Sheila,

Girl I’m a serious junkie. I’ve limited myself to three times a day too. If not, I will be fired, because I can read for hours.

This past weekend, I thought I was going to go crazy. I didn’t check my email, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. My mother kept teasing me saying is killing you isn’t it. YEP.

I survived lol

Now I’m addicted to blogs, will this madness ever end.

I believe it has something to do with the obsession to read. I read cereal boxes so you know I’m hooked on reading.

LaShaunda
I’m blogging now- check me out
http://www.lashaunda.blogspot.com  

Blogger Shelia said...
lol...I'm hooked on reading too...I now have what I call "blog days" where I have a "scheduled" time to check all of my favorite blogs.  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
If it ain't one thing, it's another. At one time, I was hooked on e-mail, now, those suckas can be overwhelming because for the numerous people who don't leave comments on my blog, they've chosen e-mail to let me know their thoughts.

I check e-mail once in the morning and once in the evening. It's gotten so, I'm scared to do so. LOL

I've been blogging over a year and, like you, I have my blog reading time. I love to hear what other people have to say. How we can all say the same thing, but have our own flavor. I don't see that addiction going away. LOL  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Mmm . . . LaShaunda is blogging now? I'll have to check her out. LOL You do know blogging is the work of the debil, right? LMAO  

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory