Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Divas of the New Millennium

Shelia Goss: Please introduce yourself to the readers.
Stacy-Deanne:
Well first I'll start off with where my name comes from. My name is pronounced Stacy-Deanne (Dee-Anne). This is my first and middle name combined to form my pen name. People always wonder about the hyphen so now they know why it's there. (Laughing). I'm twenty-seven and I've been writing professionally since I was nineteen. I am a fiction writer at heart though I write biographies as well. I was born and raised in Houston, Texas where I still live. I am an only child. I had my first novel published in 1999 when I was twenty-one but I didn't know much about the business at the time so I didn't go with a publisher I would normally have gone with if I had known better. Needless to say I didn't obtain the results I wanted with that book but the disappointment I got from that experience only fueled my passion to become truly successful.

Shelia: Tell us about your books.
Stacy-Deanne:
My first book, Sunday Morning was a simple novel about a boy falling in love. I currently have tons of novels that I am getting ready for future publication. My books are mostly mainstream fiction. My characters are from all walks of life, different backgrounds and races. I love to write about stories that take place overseas. I've written a novel that takes place in Amsterdam as well as a book that takes place in Jamaica. I've always been fascinated with travel so I make sure my characters travel as much as possible. Besides Divas of the New Millennium, the full-length biographies of Jennifer Lopez, Mya and Ashanti are due out soon. I will also be releasing a Latino love story soon.

If interested in the full interview, send an email to sheliagoss@aol.com.


Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory