Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Saturday, August 20, 2005

I've Been Tagged...and now I'm tagging Princess Dominique, Peggy, Yolanda, V. Anthony and A Singing Chick

I've Been Tagged...and now I'm tagging Princess Dominique, Peggy, Yolanda, V. Anthony and A Singing Chick

Cydney Rax @ http://www.cydneyrax.blogspot.com got me. She's a Jackson Five fan and its sparked me to go pull out some old cassettes. Anyway, my list is listed below. A lot of people that know me are surprised that I also listen to hip-hop. Being a music reviewer, however I've opened up my mind to listen to and also enjoy all types of music from country to pop. My personal preferance however, has always been R & B.

Right now, here are the songs in my personal rotation:
  • Shake it Off by Mariah Carey (love the entire CD..check out the review at my other blog http://intheknowentertainment.blogspot.com.)
  • Holla Back Girl by Gwen Stefani (Haven't heard the whole CD yet, but I like this song)
  • Back Then by Mike Jones (I like those boys from Houston...including his label mate Paul Wall--Sitting Sidewayz)
  • No Words by Charlie Wilson (Check out his new CD when it hits stores on September 13)
  • Goin' Out of Business by Babyface (love the entire CD..check out the review at my other blog http://intheknowentertainment.blogspot.com/.)
  • Guess Who Loves You More by Raheem DeVaughn (If you like neo soul/r&b you'll enjoy this CD...check out my review @ http://intheknowentertainment.blogspot.com.)
  • Leaving You by Lina (If you like neo soul/r&b you'll enjoy this CD...check out my review @ http://intheknowentertainment.blogspot.com/.)
  • Motivation by TI (Hip-hop fans will like the whole CD...I love this song because of the lyrics...to paraphase, the lyrics basically say: no matter what type of obstacles you throw my way, it only motivates me to succeed)
  • Ain't Going to Beg You by Fantasia (This American Idol's CD is by far one of the best ones since that show aired. It beats Kelly Clarkson and Ruben's hands down...check out the whole CD if you get a chance) and
  • Golddigger by Kanye West (Love this song...once again, the lyrics are awesome. It's about time somebody called a spade a spade...his last CD was good, so I can't wait to hear the entire CD).

  • Okay, I had no plans to list my personal commentary by each song, but as a music reviewer, I just couldn't help it (smile).



    Blogger Unknown said...
    Ha! They tagged me. Now why in the world would you tag a lil old lady with a cane? Haha.. Be it as it may... here is my top 10..

    1) Must by Nice by Lyfe Jennings
    2) We Belong Together by Mariah Carey
    3) You Should Be Mine by Mariah Carey - shoot, the ENTIRE "Emancipation of Mimi CD"
    4) Everyone knows I love me some Gerald Levert and I recently found some of his OLD stuff that I didn't have.. so I've been listening to everything "Gerald" aka my baby daddy!
    5) This is my Promise by the Temptations.
    6) Soldier by Destiny's Child
    7) Cater to You by Destiny's Child
    8) Seasons Change - Bishop Morton and Aretha Franklin
    9) Restoration by Tonex
    10) Speak Those Things by Fred Hammond, entire CD.  

    Blogger Unknown said...
    "I've Been Tagged..and I all the people I know that have blogs have already been tagged except for Tina Brooks McKinney, so girl get yo song list on!  

    Post a Comment

    Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

    Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory