Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Saturday, June 18, 2005

Batman Begins is the Prequel of the Year



BATMAN BEGINS is the prequel to all of the other Batmans. It's also the BEST ONE out of all of them. I would rather see sequels starring the same cast (Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, etc.), than watch them recast.

The story takes you all over the world, ending up in Gotham City. It explains why Bruce Wayne uses the name "Batman" as well as how he flies(I wish I had some of his toys). I have to add the car he drives is superbad...won't see too many of those on the road.

This Batman had fears, but was able to internalize those fears to fight the enemy.

This Batman was believable in a sense that you could emphatize with him and see why he is the way that he is.

Christian Bale a/k/a Bruce Wayne, in my opinion, is Batman beyond a shadow of a doubt. The voice, the mannerism, the whole persona is what I would have envisioned any superhero to be.

If you don't go see any other prequels this year, just make sure you go see BATMAN BEGINS. It's a must see. The other movie I would recommend is WAR OF THE WORLDS. I haven't seen it yet, but the previews are enough to make me put it on my "must see" list.

Be sure to stop back by...books, music, and movies...never know what I'll talk about.


Blogger Unknown said...
You're so right. I love Christian Bale in this role. When I heard he was playing it I knew the script must be good. It was great and the entire cast were people that I have enjoyed watching in the past.

Thanks for the review.  

Blogger Blake said...
I loved this movie. I have a man-crush on two actors: Christian Bale and Brad Pitt. My girlfriend doesn’t mind, either.

And Dee, you're right. Christian Bale wouldn't have made this movie unless there was something below the surface for him to work with (and good writing).

But Bale delivers the goods in this movie for sure. And I agree with your review.

Blake  

Blogger Shelia said...
Christian Bale is an outstanding actor. I will definately be keeping my eye out on him.  

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory