Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Shakira - Latin Rock's Rising Star



Colombian-born Shakira has become one of Latin Rock’s most popular rising stars. This multi-talented singer will make a comeback in 2005 in a big way with the release of a two part album.

The first CD, Fijacion Oral 1, will be released on June 7th and Oral Fixation 2 in November. I’ve seen double CD sets, but this is the first time I’ve heard of a two part album release.

Shakira comments, “I did not set out to make two albums when I began the writing process but suddenly I realized I had written sixty songs, some in English and some in Spanish. Twenty of these songs were selected and divided up by language to make two different albums.”

“La Tortura” will be the first single and can be heard later on this month. It’s in Spanish and features Spanish superstar Alejandro Sanz.

Shakira has received three Latin Grammys and won the Best Latin Pop Album Grammy for her MTV Unplugged album.

Content copyright © 2005 by Shelia M. Goss. All rights reserved. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission.


Blogger princessdominique said...
Shakira has style. I enjoy her performances and she stands out as an individual in such a cookie cutter world that's a great thing!  

Blogger Shelia said...
I like her music. As you can tell I'm in to all sorts of music.  

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory