Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Wednesday, January 21, 2004
Good morning.

I didn't post anything on Tuesday. Not that I didn't have anything going on, I wasn't online too much.

I finished reading THE HONEYWELL by Gloria Mallette. It was GOOD. The mother, Esther was a trip. She was a black madame. She pimped her daughter at the age of 16 to pay for rent and it contiued until in her 30s. How could a woman, a mother pimp their own daughter is beyond me. In a warp sense, the mother really loved her daughter. Man, the writer really did a good job with the story. This was the first book I've read by Mallette, so I might have to go check out te other 2 she has out.

On a personal front, things are goin okay. I'm taking it one day at a time. Last night we went out and saw UNDERWORLDS...action film about vampires and werewolfs. Surprisely, it was a good movie. I can see a part 2 in the horizon. Sunday night we saw the 3rd installment for the MATRIX. It was okay. A little disappointing. The 1st Matrix was by far the best one to me.

Anyway, thing on the agenda for today include going to the post office and the office supply store.

I am also one of the hosts for the online Self Publishing Workshop. I sent out the 1st email last night. We don't have that many students, which is surprising; since we both have seen a lot of questions going across in several yahoogroups. Well anyway, we're going to do our best and teach the few students we have some "tricks of the trade."
So they won't have to learn the hardway.

Another book club will be doing my book as their "BOOK OF THE MONTH" for February. I'm elated. So far, I have at least 5 month of being BOOK OF THE MONTH since September of last year. Over here doing the CABBAGE PATCH...lol

I haven't written much in the past 2 days, so I'll be making up for it today.

Peace




Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory