Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Monday, June 06, 2005

CRASH An Emotional Ride


Life is full of surprises. In the movie CRASH, viewers are in for an emotional ride.

Before seeing the movie, several people told me that it was a "must see" and I thought to myself, "yeah right." Well, I have to agree with them.

The writers/producers/directors/actors did an outstanding job. The movie shows how race issues still exist but yet it puts a different spin to it. There are several surprises to it.

Although several storylines were going on, they were all linked together in some way.
In some scenes I was mad, then there were other times I wanted to cry. It will definately take you on an emotional rollercoast.

Don Cheadle, Jennifer Esposito, Brendan Fraser, Sandra Bullock, Chris Bridges, Larenz Tate, Terrence Howard, Thandie Newton, and Matt Dillon make for an all star cast.

I'm not an Oscar's expert or anything, but Don Cheadle deserves one. There's one scene near the end of the movie that grabs you so that you will want to clap.

Matt Dillon did an excellent job with his character as well. I wanted to slap the taste out of him, but then had compassion for him at the same time.

Terrence Howard is another actor to watch out for. I've been following his career and I think he's an outstanding actor. I can't wait to see his next movie--Hustle & Flow.

Sandra Bullock's character was a surprise but you'll see her grow by the end of the movie.

I can see Chris Bridges (aka Ludacris) in more films. He's a natural.

Larenz Tate is a cutie and I'm glad to see him back in movies. I've been a fan of his since Love Jones.

The message I got from watching this movie is something that we all should work on: Don't be quick to judge others. You never know the circumstances of why a person acts the way they do. The true strength of character comes during distress.


Blogger VAR said...
Hey Shelia... I saw this amazing and very truthful movie today... LA is so like this movie. You can feel it all the time. Seems like folks are angry everywhere you go. And despite lots and lots of examples of inter-racial dating and this being thought of as a city where you'd find more open-minded folks, I find just the opposite. You'll mostly find closed minded people who once that trigger is pulled, they go off!! And watchout because some sort of racially motivated slur might just tumble from their mouths... But LA is beautiful... So much beauty residing on a hot bed of anger..lol.. How's that for a quote? :-)

But getting back to the movie. I loved the performance and chemistry of Ludacris and Larenz Tate. Those two should consider doing something else together. Don Cheadle is always amazing. I dont know the name of the latino actor who played the young father of that very cute little girl but he was really good. His image is on the poster that you display on your blog and that scene itself almost made me jump out of my seat. Everybody was truly great in this movie.. So emotional...

Crash was a very truthful story and eventhough I dont think you'd find so many closely related incidents happening in LA the way it did in this movie, I do believe you'll find all those sort of things happening on a daily basis, all year long... And the sad part about it is that lately, LA has had more crashes than ever before; most ending up in deaths. Too many roadside memorials in this beautiful rich town. I still love it though, and its always fascinating to observe and wonder what's next...  

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory