Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Stages of Life: My Mom, My Best Friend


The Stages of Life My Best Friends
(The Stages of Life: My Mom, My Best Friend)
Copyright 2003, 2005 by Shelia M. Goss

For whatever reason, people may come and go in your life, but some people are unforgettable. The reason may be because you’ve moved, married, have more responsibility, but whatever the reason, best friends will always hold a special place in your heart. It doesn’t matter if the last time you hung out was today, yesterday or in some cases years. I know from experience that at each stage of life, it’s possible to have more than one best friend.

---

Although my friends have been important fixtures in my life; there’s only been one person that’s been my best friend all of my life. Honestly, I didn’t realize this until I moved clear across the country and that’s my Mom. She knows me inside and out and loves me unconditionally. She’s been there through my career changes, my relocations, my unemployment, and un-wise decisions. I wish every woman could experience having their Mom as their best friend.

From my experiences, a best friend is someone who loves you unconditionally. A person that you can depend on not only during the good times, but also when life seems to be full of heartaches and frustrations. A best friend is someone who is not afraid to “keep it real” with you, even when you might not be receptive to the truth. As we go through this journey called life, you never know who can end up being your best friend.


Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory