Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Saturday, April 23, 2005

Sumeet - Agony Available Now


Sumeet's debut CD DEEPER is filled with some great dance tunes and mid-tempo songs that will have you bopping your head. Some of you may have heard of Agony featuring Elephant Man. There are snippets of each song on her website. I feel you'll agree that this is a CD worth adding to your collection.

How did you come up with the name Sumeet or is that your birthname?

Sumeet is my given birth name. It means ‘good friend,’ which is cool, because I try to be. Of course nobody could pronounce it correctly in school - I was mostly called Summit. Rather odd, considering my name is spelled exactly as it sounds. My teachers tried to call me Sammy for a while to make it easier, but come on, Sammy? I wasn’t really feeling that!
Who chose the songs for your CD and did you write any of the lyrics?

I chose the songs for the album along with the guidance of my manager/producer, Amil. I trust his opinion and advice over anyone, so between the two of us we fine tuned the choices and if there was any song either of us weren’t feeling, it didn’t make the album...

You’ve already collaborated with Elephant Man, who else would you love to work with?

Elephant man was great… I’ve been a fan of his for years so it was great when we got the opportunity to work with him. A dream of mine would be to work with Prince, the ultimate performer. Now that would be incredible! I’m in such awe of his skills, I’d probably just sit here, tongue-tied, watching him work. There’s just so much to be learned from him! He would be my number one pick, hands down!

If you're interested in the entire interview, please contact me directly at
sheliagoss@aol.com.

AGONY is available now. To visit her website, paste or click this link:
http://www.sumeetmusic.com


Blogger princessdominique said...
She seems very interesting. I need to beef up my music collection too. Thanks for doing all the footwork Shelia--so much music, so little time.  

Blogger Shelia said...
Music is my 2nd love only next to books :)  

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory