Life has two rules: number 1, Never quit!; number 2, Always remember rule number 1 ~Duke Ellington
THE MEMOIRS OF A WRITER
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
Monday, April 03, 2006

April in Full Bloom Update

"I can change. I can live out my imagination
instead of my memory. I can tie myself to my limitless
potential instead of my limiting past.
"
--- Stephen Covey


That's my quote for the month. I hope everybody had a good
month last week. I got a lot accomplished in reference
to my freelance career. One of the main highlights: I got
to interview Mr. Ronald Isley. I grew up listening to the
Isley Brothers, so speaking with Mr. Biggs was definately
a pleasure. I also got a chance to interview Vivica A Fox.
She is so down to earth. The interview will be in the
promotional issue of Hope for Women magazine.

Speaking of Vivica Fox, I got a call from an editor of
one of my new favorite magazines - Vivica Fox's "JOLIE"
Magazine. Two of my relationship articles will appear
in a future issue. I was beyond thrilled and honored.

I can't speak about magazines and not mention Black Romance
Magazine. I remember as a teenager sneaking to read them.
I never thought years later that some of my short stories
would appear between the pages. I'm grateful that the editor
and readers enjoy some of the stories that I've had the
pleasure of submitting over the last year. Check out the
May issue, because I have a story in that issue.

Well let me go, I have several CD reviews, interviews to
transcribe and I need to start on my manuscript.

I sent my edits in for My Invisible Husband,
so we're moving right along. Urban/Kensington will be
releasing it in December. I will keep everyone updated
and let you know when you can pre-order your copies.

Until next month,
Happy Reading,
Shelia

P.S. - Check out my new entertainment blog at www.e-spire.blogspot.com.


Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...
nice Blog girl, whe will the book be out  

Blogger ShoeGirl Corner said...
I like the Cover of Roses-Thorns.  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
How dare I just be getting to this post when May begins next week. LOL I read the other blog so much, I tend to forget about this one.

Man, I would have loved to be the fly on the wall, when you spoke with Ron Isley. I love me some Isley Brothers.

You're doing big things in the '06, and I'm so daggoned proud of you. I remember portions of your road and the struggles you encountered to get where you are. Much success, my friend!  

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogwise - blog directory